It's been a crazy couple of weeks since we have a humor break with what will undoubtedly be one of the oddest Easter weekends ever experienced for most of us. And while I don't mean to minimize anyone's challenges, I know I've needed to step back and laugh from time to time as I attempt to process everything happening right now. So in that spirit, I offer you some of my favorite COVID-19 memes of the last 2 weeks.....
1. Drive-In Worship services are becoming popular alternatives to gathering in the sanctuary for many churches, especially small rural churches. Here is a handy guide to help you fully participate in such a service should one be available to you!
2. Thankfully I have been able to find not only toilet paper in the store recently, but my favorite type of toilet paper! If not, I'd me really tempted to see if I could grow a toilet paper tree of my own!
3. Um, yeah. Some of us might have a little too much time on our hands at the moment....
4. A friend of mine engaged in an art project with their 3 school aged children. They decided to make pinatas shaped and decorated like the COVID-19 virus and have plans to smash them when they are allowed to leave the house again. Creative and therapeutic...I'm a fan.
5. So true....so very, very true. Never could have imagined a legit excuse to go to WalMart would be so welcome!
6. Another crafter with too much time on their hands. Seriously folks, check on your crafting friends.
7. Who can relate?!
8. Ah VeggieTales. How many have turned to the talking vegetables to help keep kids occupied? What was your favorite episode or Silly Song?
9. One bright spot in all of this, I am getting AMAZING gas mileage!
10. I love the humor book stores often have. But seriously, who would have believed 6 months ago that we would have basically shut down restaurants, retail stores, churches, and schools hoping we can avoid catching a new virus?
11. Seriously, have we? A snickers always seems to help me be in a better mood.
12. With the new face mask recommendations we have entered an entirely new way of interacting with the world!
13. Ah, the good old boys of Hazzard County.
14. And finally, something for those of you who, like me, still can't seem to stop touching your face!